Pointing Your Domain to SquareSpace
Before you can pointing your domain to Squarespace you will need an active cPanel hosting account or our MyDNS Manager service. Also, your name servers need to be delegated to AUSWEB.
Adjust your A and CNAME records
1. Log into cPanel
2. Click on the Advanced DNS Zone Editor icon
3. Click Edit next to the record A record for yourdomain.com
4. Squarespace will have provided you with a series of A records. Change the IP address on the Address Field to the first one they have listed.
5. Leave the other settings as they are and click the Edit Record button.
6. Go to the section above called Add a record and create the additional A records provided by Squarespace.
Address: Enter the IP address provided by Squarespace
Click on the Add Record button to create the new record. Keep repeating this step until all the remaining A reords have been created.
7. Create a new CNAME record to verify your domain with Squarespace
Name: Enter the name provided by Squarespace
Address: Enter the verification record name provided by Squarespace
Click on the Add Record button to create the new CNAME record.
8. Click Edit button to the right of the CNAME record pointing to www.yourdomain.com.
9. Change the Host on the CNAME field to what has been provided by Squarespace (eg. ext-cust.squarespace.com.)
10. Leave the other settings as they are and click Edit Record to save your changes
Adjust Your Email Records
If you wish to your AUSWEB Hosting account to receive email for your domain you will need to adjust your current MX record.
1. Click Edit next to mail.yourdomain.com
2. Change Type to A
3. Change the address to your server IP address. This is located in your in your welcome email, titled “New Hosting Account Information”.
4. Go to Home under cPanel
5. Click on MX Entry icon
6. Click Edit on the MX record
7. Change the Destination field to be mail.yourdomain.com
Set Up Domain Mapping in Squarespace
1. Log in to your Squarespace site
2. Within the Site Manager section click Settings to access your domains
3. Click Link Existing Domain to add your domain to your Squarespace site.
Note: the DNS changes can take up to 48 hours to propagate across the entire internet. You will also need to make sure that you have the Toggle WWW set to Display WWW.
Ordering a Custom DNS Entry
If you are having any difficulties in creating these DNS records then you can order a custom DNS entry for your hosting package by logging into your Client Area here:
- Once logged in select “My Services”
- Click on the “View Details” button to the right of the product you wish to order the addon for
- On the following page click on the “Addons” tab
- Click on the link “View available addons”
- Click the “Order Now” button to the right of the “Custom DNS Entry” addon and then follow the ordering and payment process.
Once the payment is processed please submit a support ticket with your order reference and specifying the required custom DNS entries. We will then initiate your changes.