Pointing your Domain Name to Wix
Wix is a free website builder that allows creating Flash websites quickly and easily without any specific coding skills.
Before you can point your domain to Wix you will need an active cPanel hosting account or our MyDNS Manager service. Also, your name servers need to be delegated to AUSWEB.
To point your domain to your Wix website, follow the instructions below:
Adjust your A record
1. Log into cPanel
2. Click on the Advanced DNS Zone Editor icon
3. Click Edit next to the record A record for yourdomain.com
4. Change the IP address on the Address Field to the one Wix has provided you.
5. Leave the other settings as they are and click Edit Record
6. In order for a mobile version to work go to the section called Add a record and create the following additional A record.
Address: Enter the IP address Wix has provided you.
Adjust Your Email Records
If you wish to use your AUSWEB Hosting account to receive email you will need to adjust your current MX record.
1. Click Edit next to mail.yourdomain.com
2. Change Type to A
3. Change the address to your server IP address. This is located in your in your welcome email, titled “New Hosting Account Information”.
4. Go to Home under cPanel
5. Click on MX Entry icon
6. Click Edit on the MX record
7. Change the Destination field to be mail.yourdomain.com
Set Up Domain Mapping in Wix
1. Log in to your Wix console
2. Follow the instructions provided with the following Wix Guide – Connecting a Domain to Wix Using Pointing.
Ordering a Custom DNS Entry
If you are having any difficulties in creating these DNS records then you can order a custom DNS entry for your hosting package by logging into your Client Area here:
- Once logged in select “My Services”
- Click on the “View Details” button to the right of the product you wish to order the addon for
- On the following page click on the “Addons” tab
- Click on the link “View available addons”
- Click the “Order Now” button to the right of the “Custom DNS Entry” addon and then follow the ordering and payment process.
Once the payment is processed please submit a support ticket with your order reference and specifying the required custom DNS entries. We will then initiate your changes.