Web24's Data Centre
Web24 has partnered with the best data centre possible in order to provide you with the most resilient and adaptive network connectivity possible. Through the use of multiple diverse network carriers, four failover/redundant BGP border routers, and multiple fibre carriers, you can be confident in the world class standards of our data centre. In fact, at the time of writing, Web24 has utilised these multiple network carriers to maintain 100% network availability.
Wherever possible, our network is designed to remove single points of failures and introduce N+1 design principals. Other advantages include our firewalls using statefull failover to secondary HSRP devices, and our layer 2 redundancy achieved through 10GE and 1GBPS switching fabric that uses Rapid Spanning Tree.
Read more below to find out the specific features you can enjoy with Web24′s premium data centre.
Data Centre Specifications
The following information refers to Web24′s data centre service located in Melbourne, Australia. If you require more specific information, please call our Technical Sales team.
- Hosting systems are powered by 4 high capacity UPS
- Multiple Power Distribution Units (PDUs) dispenses power evenly
- If an interruption to the mains supply occurs, the UPS battery power will temporarily power the system until the generator kicks in. Whether or not the power loads need to be switched over to the generator or not depends on how long the outage lasts for
- A high capacity generator supply supports Web24′s data centre environment
- More than 18 process cooling units are installed in our Melbourne data centre, four of which are separate air cooled units
- The emergency power backup strategy outlined above also applies to the air conditioning, so even in a power outage technology will maintain its coolness
- All critical functions and environmental services are treated to the highest security protection, with staff monitoring them 24/7 and an alarm system providing additional safety
- Our data centre is equipped with a Building Management System (BMS) which automates the monitoring and control of both environmental services and building support systems
Fire Detection & Suppression
- There are a number of fire detection systems installed in our data centre, all of which are integrated with our BMS and monitors by the NOS. Our systems include:
- Passive smoke detectors – located under the floor, under the ceiling, and above the ceiling
- Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA) – works by sampling the air to detect lingering smoke particles
- Thermal Detectors – located under the floor, under the ceiling, and above the ceiling
- Dedicated Security/Administration office providing physical and electronic security
- Access to data centre monitored by staffed Security Station
- Individual keys to each customer security cage within the data hall
- Continually active CCTV cameras
- Site protected by ASIO T4 certification, and ISO 27001 certification
Cabling Topology & Data Providers
- External data communications links are powered by multiple telecommunications carriers. That means external connectivity redundancy is achievable. The providers at time of writing are:
- Vocus Connect
- Pipe Networks
- Between the data hall and node, a fibre-based connection is used, while category-6 cabling is used throughout the entire data centre
- For the ultimate flexibility and adaptability in adding new cables when needed, all cabling has been laid in suspended trays that run under the walkways that connect each caged area
- As per Australian electrical and telecommunications installation standards, power and data are properly segregated from one another